Sunday, April 19, 2009

Radish Sprouts!


We decided to take off for the weekend and go up to our camper. We are quite surprised to come home and see that the radishes had already sprouted! They are quick, we will probably have to take them out and place them in their own dish so that the others can still benefit from the moist environment under the plastic cover.

Also, I checked out a book from the library a couple of weeks ago called Lasagna Gardening: A New Layering System for Bountiful Gardens: No Digging, No Tilling, No Weeding, No Kidding!
by Patricia Lanza. I just started reading it this morning and can already tell you I am very excited about trying this method! It involves building a garden bed right on top of the grass by layering peat moss, compost, and other layers to create a perfect growing environment. I'll give a full review when I am finished reading :) 



No comments: